Run Run Run!!!

Sunday 9 June - my Race for Life..

I was ready, even after my little holiday, even though I didn't get much running in during the holiday I did a fair amount of walking and I managed to be good and not over indulge in anything other than Thrill Rides :-)

Got to Abington ready to hit the ground running so to speak... It was a cool morning overcast with a slight breeze blowing.  Everyone around me had coats and jumpers on... I didn't need one I was so excited for this run...

Run started and it was going well,  however, I don't know why so many women decide to start with the runners in the front of the race only to end up walking the rest of the way... due to this I had to overtake large groups of walkers along the way who tend to walk on the flat even path.  This means I need to overtake them on uneven surfaces, half way round I managed to twist my ankle.

This wasn't going to stop me finishing the race though, so I carried on through the pain and completed it in 70 minutes.... shaving 35 minutes off my time last year....

Crossing the finish line was amazing - better than last year, but my legs suddenly turned to Jelly when I stopped running..

I am now still nursing a sore ankle and will need a trip to the Doctors surgery tomorrow to get it looked at properly..

All in all though it was successful  i have raised a little over £280 for Cancer Research UK, and that was the whole reason for doing the race.

I am already scouting runs for next year... Yes I must be mad, sitting here with my leg elevated and strapped, I am looking to do a half Marathon next year and the Moon Walk in London - all in the name of charity...




Comments

  1. Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
    Jeux de danse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another night on the Town.... Can i handle it !!!!

Massive Night!!!