Whirlwind week!!

What a week I had last week, when everyone around me seems to be relaxing as its Easter Holidays and Schools are closed, I was more manic than ever...  Why??

Jarred and Tamzin both do dancing at a local Theatre School, and every year the School put on two shows in one day - Sunday - its a Massive production at the Derngate Theatre.  So not only was I still at work during the day but I was also running them to final show rehearsals, altering costumes as well as still running them round to their various other activities that they do after school, I was still getting my Zumba and running in... So by Friday I was absolutely exhausted - I booked the day off work then as both had all day final dress rehearsal for the Show.

I decided to spend my Friday, once I had dropped them off, getting some groceries in, then spring cleaning the house and baking (the in-laws were coming down for the show and were staying for the weekend) - I'm pretty certain that a day off means put your feet up and relax... no I cleaned and baked!! I must be mad.

Sunday arrived and I dropped them off at the Theatre early in the morning and went for a run when I got home.  I had booked for us to watch the second performance...  The show was amazing... and I was filled with so much pride watching them on the stage.  Every year I wonder how Katie - the principal of the theatre school - will top the last show and every year she does...  WOW!!!

So show over and even though I had Monday off to relax after it all - yeah right... I am back to work and normal routine, well as normal as you can get I think?  Milder weather means I am out running more frequently and trying hard to get to the 10k mark for my race in June...

I ran last night - it didn't go as well as I had hoped I wanted to get to the 9k mark and I decided to push it a little too far perhaps?? I did 9.72k in 1h 30m (yes that time means I had to stop and walk some of the distance as my leg wasn't happy) - I struggled to sleep last night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another night on the Town.... Can i handle it !!!!

Run Run Run!!!

The day after the night before...