My Taste in Music??

I was asked a very interesting question over the weekend. 
What type of music do you listen to??

Mmmm naturally there isn't just one type, as many will know I have an eclectic collection of music ranging from classical, rock, dance and so on.. (although you will not find any modern rap in my collection that is the one type I dislike).


I like music that moves my soul.. makes me feel something deep inside.. music i can get lost in.. nothing better than listening to some deep sultry music on my iPod while reading my latest book..(I've finished book 1 in the series.. interesting climax, excuse the pun.. getting into book 2 so watch this space..)

So what shaped my music preferences? ... well my rock side comes from my child hood idol I guess, "Suzi Quatro"  yes I am old enough to know who she is.  I loved her have all her records and used to listen to her music at the loudest volume allowed by my parents at the age of 5...  I went to see her in Concert when I was 6 or 7, after the concert my Dad managed to get me back stage.  I ended up sitting on her lap and sing some of her songs to her.. needless to say they couldn't drag me away, but it is also thanks to Suzi that I found my love for singing.  Yes I am not ashamed to admit that I frequented many Karaoke bars while growing up and won many of their singing competitions..  I love singing, even when people look at me as if I am some deranged woman when I am driving along singing along to my music at the top of my voice.. and no, I have never been asked to stop.. So either people like to hear me sing or they like to hear me make a fool of myself, either way I don't care..

My love of dance music, I guess comes from my dancer years and of course my teenage years when I decided it was a good idea to hit the town and go clubbing with my friends until the wee hours of the morning.  And then of course there was the rave scene, which I loved, glad I had the chance to experience it fully before becoming a mum, can't say I will go back to it though but it was fun while it lasted..  (me at a rave with some mates back in the day-, can you tell which one is me??)


Many however,  cannot understand why I enjoy classical music, "You don't seem the type" they would say, Now what exactly is that supposed to mean???  But after I finished my schooling my God Mother decided I needed to go do a finishing and grooming course so that I can learn how to be a lady..mmmm did it pay off?? I think so... much of this was covered in the course and I attended a Debutante ball at the end so we listened to a lot of classical music.  So naturally I grew to appreciate the music and I'm not one who shies away from expanding my horizons and experiencing new things... so you could say that I have a little bit of culture in me LOL.. 

I grew up listening to varying forms of music, mostly Rock and Jazz from my parents side, and then of course there was also the Portuguese side of my family... I never did get into that at all, I speak very little Portuguese and although I learnt a few of the traditional dances and songs that is where it all starts and ends)

But, I will always stay true to myself and will always be a rock chick at heart.. I cant play a guitar which most rockers can, I have tried to learn but am very impatient with my own slow progress...  Do I have any tattoos? No.. I did have a piercing or two, but I have outgrown these so sadly they are no more..

All this music talk - I think I'm going to get my cousin up for a visit so we can hit the Karaoke bars, I feel a song coming on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another night on the Town.... Can i handle it !!!!

Run Run Run!!!

The day after the night before...