Long awaited run!!!

After a 2 week forced time out from any form of exercise following IT Band Syndrome.. Now for those that don't know what that is, let me give you a quick run down... Basically it's a running injury, if I found more time to stretch out properly after my extensive running sessions I wouldn't have had the injury. 

Doctors orders was 2 weeks no exercise, lots of extensive stretching and Do-It-Yourself tennis ball physio, it was hell.  For those that know me well, any forced time off from exercise I don't deal with very well at all, but having to then roll a tennis ball into my upper thigh and Gluteus Medius, firmly enough to bring tears to my eyes helping to break up the deep tissue knotting I had and relax the Ilitobial Tract wasn't pleasant... Yes I have been avoiding the injury for some months just hoping it would go away on its own, so I only have myself to blame

Saturday morning was time to break my exercise ban and go for my first run, I was up early got ready, walked out the door and thought I must be mad, set my running app, realised it was only 2 degrees outside, but hey it's now or never.  With some of my favourite songs Train and Kings of Leon songs blasting their way into my head I set off.  I ran about 3km and it started to snow??  Really!!! I made my way back home and was surprised that all in all my first run I managed 6.3km with no problem.  Yes Yes I did stretch out properly after.

The rest of the day was a bit manic... grocery shopping, getting Jarred ready for his street dance performance on the pitch before the Cobblers match.  Tamzin ready for a birthday party.. cooking dinner feeding everyone, watching a movie with the kids and getting them to bed..  I now have some time to put my feet up, drink my Crabbies, and well sit here and hit the keys on my net book..  While Ian is out doing who knows what on his night out with mates....

But I have something to keep me occupied... I have been looking for a while for a new series of 50 shades type of books to read.  I decided on one series with the first book called Destined to Play, although they have some rather controversial reviews, I decided to get them anyway, I'll decide for myself thank you very much.

I started the first book last night and at first I found myself thinking this woman must me mad even contemplating these things... but on reflection its the type of book that allows you to escape, and well...  Imagine what it would be like...  But I will be getting into the rest of book one once I am done on here... hmmmmm

So I will leave you with that for now...

Hope you have enjoyed the read.. ;)  xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another night on the Town.... Can i handle it !!!!

Run Run Run!!!

The day after the night before...